Terms and Conditions
Welcome to CoverWallet! These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a binding contract between you (“you” or “your”) and CoverWallet, Inc. (“we”, “us” or “our” or “CoverWallet”) with respect to our website at www.coverwallet.com and its subdomains (“Site”) through which we offer our services (together with our Site, our “Services”) as an insurance agent for small businesses.
Before you click on the “I accept” button or use our services, read these terms carefully. by clicking on the “I accept” button or using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by and are becoming a party to these terms. you represent and warrant that you have the authority to enter into these terms on behalf of any group or entity you represent. you hereby covenant to ensure that all users that gain access to our services from you are bound by these terms. if you do not agree to all of these terms, then do not click “i accept” and do not access and/or use our services.
Additionally, by clicking “I accept”, you agree to transact with us electronically. This mean you agree to receive electronically all disclosures, communications, notices and other information that we may send to you or be required to send to you under applicable law or otherwise pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below.
Additionally, by clicking “I accept”, you agree to transact with us electronically. this means you agree to receive electronically all disclosures, communications, notices and other information that we may send to you or be required to send to you under applicable law or otherwise pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. Scope of Services
We offer our Services as an insurance agent for small business. We are not an insurance provider and are not responsible for the provision or insurance policies.
We may alter, suspend, discontinue or subcontract our Services in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice. Our Services may also periodically become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for other reasons. In order to use our Services, you must have a computer with Internet access that can access our Site or a compatible mobile device enabled with our application.
- Subject to these Terms and any other agreement between you and us, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable right to use our Services solely in the manner enabled by us and for your personal, non-commercial use. Your right to use our Services is automatically revoked if you violate these Terms. From time to time, we may upgrade our Services or make improvements to our Services. You agree that these Terms will apply to any such upgrades or improvements. The foregoing right is not a sale of any aspect of our Services or a sale of a copy of any aspect of our Services, and we and our partners and suppliers retain all right, title and interest in our Services. We reserve all rights not expressly granted under these Terms.
3. Login Credentials; Communications
- Acknowledgement for You to Receive Communications. You hereby agree:
- to receive communications, including emails, text messages, push notifications, mail and telephone calls, that are related to the Services.
- that any communications from us may also include marketing materials from us or from third parties.
- that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically are deemed to satisfy any legal communication requirements.
You may opt out from receiving our marketing communications by emailing unsubscribe@CoverWallet.com or selecting to unsubscribe as may be provided in the applicable correspondence.
4. Fees and Payments
- Fees. Access to our Site is free. If you choose to purchase third party products or services through our Service, the price of such products or services will be provided to you prior to completing your purchase. Our product, MyCoverWallet (The Wallet) is available to legal residents of the 50 United States. It is wholly separate and distinct from CoverWallet’s brokerage operations. The fee for, and access to, the Wallet is not conditional on purchasing insurance through CoverWallet.
- Payment Methods and Currency. You agree that we may charge your payment method for any products or services you purchase through our Services (including but not limited to any taxes and late fees, as applicable). All payments must be made in United States Dollars.
- Refunds. Except as may be expressly set forth on our Site from time to time or as required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide refunds or credits.
5. Prohibited Conduct
We reserve the right, without prior notice and in our sole discretion, to decide whether your use of our Services violates these Terms for any of the above or below reasons or for any other reason, and if we do so, we may terminate your access to our Services.
You shall not, and shall not authorize or facilitate any attempt by another person to use our Services to:
- Damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party’s use of our Services.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through our Services.
- Use false or misleading information in connection with your user account or impersonate any other person living or dead, (you acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any user account with a profile that we reasonably believe is false or misleading, including a profile that impersonates a third party).
- Harass, threaten, stalk or intentionally embarrass or cause distress to another person or entity.
- Exploit children under 18 years of age.
- Invade the privacy of any person, including without limitation posting personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person without their consent (or their parent’s consent in the case of a child under 13 years of age).
- Create a false identity or engage in fraudulent activities.
- Circumvent, remove or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of our Services, features that prevent copying or using any part of our Services or features that enforce limitations on the use of our Services or CoverWallet’s content.
- Introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses and/or harmful code to our Services.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other automated device, process, or means to access, retrieve, scrape or index any portion of our Services or any content available through our Site.
We reserve the right to consider other conduct to be prohibited; the restrictions above are intended to be illustrative.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
You agree and acknowledge that the structure, organization and code used in conjunction with our Services are proprietary to us. You shall not, and shall not permit any person or entity to: (i) use our Services on a service bureau, time sharing or any similar basis, or for the benefit of any other person or entity; (ii) alter, enhance or make derivative works of our Services or any content available through the foregoing; or (iii) reverse engineer, reverse assemble or decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive, source code from our Services. You shall not sell, transfer, publish, disclose, display or otherwise make available our Services including any modifications, enhancements, derivatives and other software and materials provided hereunder by us or copies thereof to others in violation of these Terms.
Unless otherwise noted, all CoverWallet’s content contained on our Services is the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws.
By using our Services, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, employees and agents from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities and all costs and expenses of defense (collectively, “Claims”), including without limitation attorneys’ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that arises in connection with (i) your posting of any content, (ii) your use of our Services, and/or (iii) any user or other third party’s use of any content that you post to our Services. At our option, you agree to defend us from any such Claims.
8. Third Party Sites
Our Services may contain links to third party sites, which are independent of us and not under our control. These links are provided to you as a convenience, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked third party site. In addition, a link to any third party site does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such site.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by failure of our Services to operate as intended, your reliance on information from our Services, information provided by another user or by your use of our Services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through our Services.
Our services and all content on or accessible from our services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. specifically, but without limitation, we do not warrant that: (i) the information available through our services is free of errors; (ii) the functions or services provided by our services will be uninterrupted, secure or free of errors; (iii) defects will be corrected or (iv) that our servers or the server(s) that make our services available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
CoverWallet is not an insurance underwriter nor an insurance company. CoverWallet does not make any representations or warranties regarding the quotes, terms, rates, coverage or services offered to you by insurance companies through our service or site. CoverWallet does not guarantee that the quotes, fees, terms, rates coverage or services offered by insurance companies through our service or site are the best available.
The information provided through our service and site is only a general description of insurance coverage that might be available for you to purchase. the precise coverage provided to you by any insurance company is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and company underwriting guidelines of the insurance policy issued to you by the applicable insurance company. the insurance policy you purchase, and not the general information made available through the service, forms the contract between you and the insurance company. if you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (646)844-9933 to obtain advice from one of our licensed professionals before making any coverage decision.
10. Limitation of Liability
- Disclaimer. In no event shall we be liable to you, any other user of our services, third party providers or any other person or entity for any special, incidental, punitive, consequential, exemplary or other indirect damages (including without limitation damages for loss of profits, loss of data, loss of use or costs of obtaining substitute goods or services) arising out of the use, inability to use, unauthorized access to or use or misuse of our services, your contact information, content or any information contained thereon, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
- Limitation. Our aggregate liability for all claims arising from these terms shall not exceed $100.00.
- Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you but shall instead apply to the maximum extent permitted by law.
11. Release from Liability
You release, to the fullest extent permitted by law, CoverWallet, its directors, officers, members, employees, representatives, consultants, agents, suppliers and/or distributors from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) disputes between or among users; (ii) third party sites, products and services, including without limitation insurance policies; and (iii) claims relating to the unauthorized access to any data communications or content stored under or relating to your account, including unauthorized use or alteration of such communications or your content.
You hereby waive applicability of California Civil Code §1542, and any similar statute or principle of common law. California Civil Code §1542 says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
12. California Users
If you are a California resident, we are required to inform you that you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916)
13. Void Where Prohibited
Our services are intended only for users located in those states in the united states in which CoverWallet or any of its affiliates are licensed insurance agents or brokers. our services are not intended as a solicitation for insurance in any state where CoverWallet or any of its affiliates are not licensed. although our services may be accessible in other geographic locations, the features, products or services discussed, referenced, provided or offered as part of the services are only available to users in the united states. we reserve the right to limit, in our sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any feature, product or service to any person or geographic location. any offer for any feature, product or service made available through our services is void where prohibited by law.
14. Modifying and Terminating Service
We may terminate your access to our Services, in our sole discretion, for any reason and at any time, upon electronic notice to you at your registered email address. You agree that we are not liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to our Services. We may change and update our Services from time to time. We may add or remove features including without limitation making free services into paid services and vice versa. You may terminate these Terms at any time by ceasing to use our Services. Termination of these Terms will have no effect on any insurance policies you purchase in connection with our Services.
Accrued obligations and all provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive will survive any termination of these Terms.
15. Unsolicited Ideas and Feedback.
We welcome your feedback, ideas and suggestions (collectively, “Suggestions”). If you send us any Suggestions, you agree that: (i) your Suggestion(s) become our property and you are not owed any compensation in exchange; (ii) none of the Suggestion(s) contain confidential or proprietary information of any third party; (iii) we may use or redistribute Suggestion(s) for any purpose and in any way; (iv) there is no obligation for us to review your Suggestion(s); and (v) we have no obligation to keep any Suggestions confidential.
16. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution
We may provide you notice to the email address you provide to CoverWallet during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration or purchase process and you may give us notice to the address set forth on our Site as our address. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
These Terms, and any dispute between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to principles of conflicts of law that would result in the application of the law of any other jurisdiction, except that the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of the arbitration provisions set forth below. Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that Section 18 is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute, either as a result of your decision to opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (as defined below) or as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York, except that you or we are permitted (i) to bring small claims actions in state court in the county in which you reside if such court has a small claims procedure; (ii) to bring claims for injunctive relief in any court having jurisdiction over the parties; or (iii) to seek enforcement of a judgment in any court having jurisdiction over the parties. To the extent permitted by law, you and we agree to waive trial by jury in any court proceeding.
18. Agreement to Arbitrate; Waiver of Class Action
You may opt out of this Agreement to Arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor we can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. The opt out notice must state that you do not agree to the Agreement to Arbitrate and must include your name, address, phone number, your CoverWallet account to which the opt out applies and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this Agreement to Arbitrate. You must sign the opt out notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. You must use this address to opt out:
CoverWallet, Inc., ATTN: Arbitration Opt-out, 100 Avenue of the Americas, Fl 16, New York City, NY 10013.
Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to the Arbitration Procedures (other than a change to any notice address or Site link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate the Arbitration Procedures from these Terms, such termination shall not be effective until thirty (30) days after the version of these Terms not containing the Arbitration Procedures is posted to our Site, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of removal.
In accordance with Section 14, this Agreement to Arbitrate will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms in whole or in part to any third party without our written consent. These Terms shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties to these Terms and their respective successors, permitted transferees and permitted assigns. We and you are independent contractors and are not partners, joint venturers, agents, employees or representatives of the other party. These Terms contain the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the transactions and matters contemplated herein, supersede all previous communications, understandings and agreements (whether oral or written) other than any click-through or end user license agreement provided by us, and cannot be amended except by a writing signed by both parties or by our posting of an amended version of these Terms on our Site. The headings and captions used in these Terms are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting these Terms. If any part of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. The failure of CoverWallet to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
20. No Minors
If you are less than 18 years old, you are not authorized to use our Services or Site.
21. For Additional Information
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at: 100 Avenue of the Americas, Fl 16, New York City, NY 10013 or via info@CoverWallet.com
Copyright © 2017, CoverWallet, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service Version Updated: December 19, 2017